Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankful

Today here in the US is Thanksgiving. This is a day that we celebrate the first meal between the Pilgrims and the Native American's who already lived on this land. 

As a Christian, I like to take this time to reflect on what I am thankful for. 

Colossians 3:15 says, "15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful."

It is important for Christ followers to let Christ's peace rule our hearts, while we stay thankful for what we have.

Here is what I am thankful for:

1. My relationship with God. It is not just about going to Heaven one day. It is about having a Heavenly Father who loves me and takes care of me daily.

2. My children. The three of them keep me on my toes. They fight, they talk back sometimes, but I love them more than anything on this earth. They are my heart with arms and legs.

3. My family. My parents have been here for me this year like they never have before. I am glad God chose them to be my parents.

4. My friends. There are a few people I am very close to that I appreciate so much. I hope I express myself well enough to them because I really want them to know just how much they mean to me. I have had prayers go up for me, tough conversations that needed to happen, food bought for me, things purchased that I needed around my house...etc. really, it is just too much to list.

5. My freedom. I am so thankful for the fact that I can sit at this computer and type about God without being harmed for doing it. I want people to get to know the God that I know and love. Thankfully, for now, I can still do that. 

Take time today, no matter what country you are in, to reflect and think about what you are thankful for. (Please remember to thank God.)

Focusing on the positive is always better than thinking about all of the negative stuff in your life. 

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment