Friday, November 29, 2013

How Do You Handle Change?

I have always been someone who has been alright with change. I remember as a girl getting tired of my bedroom arrangement and changing it around. 

Some people handle change well, others do not. 

My daughter, for example, has to be ready for a change. You can not spring something on her if she isn't ready. Her bedroom has been pink since she was around 5 or 6 years old. Now, she is ready for her favorite color, blue. She has had time to process this thought, and currently has the gallon of paint in her room. As soon as she is ready, we will get to work. You can not push someone who handles things in their own time.

Yesterday was my first Thanksgiving in years without certain people around. I was ok with that. Having to share my children, now, that's another story. It is a change. It is different and will never be the same again. That is a fact that I have accepted. I just wish my children weren't shuffled around. (But, that is not something I can change.)

Thankfully, I had someone to cheer me up and keep me from being down while my children were gone. God is good to me.

The one thing I can cling to is this, God does not change. 

Hebrews 13:8 says, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."

That means His love for us will never change. Also, His grace and mercy will not fade away. He is there. Constant, steady, and loving.

I am so glad He does not change! Aren't you?




No comments:

Post a Comment