Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Lose yourself & find others

Looks like I'm on a roll with bands and music this week. There is another band we saw live a couple of weeks ago called The Color Morale. I spoke with the lead singer, Garrett Rapp. He said he had a bad teenage life and going to shows is what kept him together. His lyrics are honest and thought provoking. Their t-shirts are positive and all about hope. The words on this picture are on the back of one of their t-shirts. I like how he is trying to bring hope to this generation of kids who feel like they don't have any.




I talked about hope last week. So I won't go into that again. But what does it mean to share hope with someone? 

Telling people that they are loved and have a purpose can really give them hope. Praying for others, listening to others, or just being there might be all they need. I think it's important to lose yourself sometimes. Get out of your own head/ issues and think of others. No matter what you are going through, there is always someone who is worse off than you.

Proverbs 17: 17 says, "A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity."

Psalm 122: 8 says, "For the sake of my family and friends,
    I will say, “Peace be within you.”

Speak peace, love and hope over someone today. Pray for people. Step out of your comfort zone and be a friend to someone in need. Just be there!
In the song Strange Comfort, the chorus says this:
"I know I'm lost
I know I'm lostBut what scares me the most is I'm starting to feel at homeI know I can't stay here foreverWhen we lose ourselves we find each other"
There are so many people who feel lost and need hope. Lose yourself and find them. They need you.



No comments:

Post a Comment