Sunday, November 10, 2013

Look Past It

Have you ever heard or done the illustration of putting a pencil to your nose with the words facing you? I remember someone telling me to do it once and the trick is, you can't see the words because it's too close. The person said that's how our problems are sometimes, they are too close for us to see.

I wear contacts. So I have back up glasses. Last night, as I put them on, I realized I had small little specks of something all over the lenses. I put them on but couldn't see the specks. That is what reminded me of the pencil illustration.


Then I thought of it in a different way. I'm sure even if you only wear sunglasses, you've had a time when something was on your lens, but you couldn't see it. At least not at first. It was there, but you saw past it. Or through it. As if it was not there at all.

That is how we should look to God. Look past the problems, through the dark spots and smug marks. 

Let God be so close that you can feel Him and not see your problem. Stop focusing on the negative and see the positives in your life. We all have negative stuff happen, sometimes every day, but look past it. Look towards God.

Paul wrote the church at Philipi and said this in Philippians 3:13 & 14, "13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."


Press on, move towards God, not away from Him. Don't let your problems consume so much of your heart that you forget God is even there. The truth is, He is as close to you as the air you breathe. 



No comments:

Post a Comment