Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Funky Week, ever had one?

This has been a weird week for me. I can't really explain why. It just has. I was looking for encouraging Scripture and this one popped up, which happens to be one of my favorites!

Isaiah 41:10 says, "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Maybe I am worrying. That could be the problem. This Scripture helps me so much.

Why should I be afraid when God is with me? He is my God. He will give me the strength I need to endure anything. He will help me. And He will hold me up with His right hand. So many promises in one little Scripture.

Philippians 4:6 says, "Do  not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

I am not usually anxious. I guess it's the holiday season that is fast approaching and the unknown for me. This will be a season of first and new traditions. It is different. I like change, normally. It does not bother me that much. 

I just need to not fear and pray! God has me. He has promised to never leave or forsake me. So what am I doing? Wasting time.

That is so silly of me. 

Have you ever felt this way? Do not forget these Scriptures. Know that you are not alone and that God is there. He will see you through, just like He is me.



No comments:

Post a Comment