Tuesday, November 19, 2013

What Good Is Prayer?

Praying every day is important to me. I care for & love many people. I think the best thing I can do for them is pray for them every day. I usually pray first thing in the morning. If I think of people later in the day, a situation comes up, or a see a request from friends on Facebook, I pray right then too.

Am I changing God's mind on their behalf? No.

Are my prayers some super voo doo ritual that will make their day awesome? No.

Can my prayers actually make a difference in their lives? YES! I believe they can. Prayer can work miracles in people's lives.

Ephesians 6:18 says, "18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people."

In my devotional today, it says this, "No matter what your situation in life, no matter what your gifts and talents, you can pray for others. You can leave a beautiful legacy, asking God that those who follow after you will impact the world for Christ."

This does not just mean your earthly children. It is anyone you come in contact with on a daily basis. You do not have to be a genius to pray for someone. 

Philippians 2: 3 & 4 says, "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others." 

Praying for others means you are not being selfish. Being selfish is no way to live this life that God has given us. We are meant for relationships and community. 

I have a confession. I do not pray for all of you who read my blog. There are many of you all over the world. You could possibly live somewhere that they would torture you for being a Christian. You could use prayers of protection. I will start praying daily for my blog readers and hope that God moves mountains in your life. 

If you have a prayer request, please let me know. I would be honored to lift it up to our Father. 



No comments:

Post a Comment