Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Bride and the Bride groom

One of my oldest and dearest friends got married yesterday. We've known each other about 32 out of our 40 years of life. That's a long time! We've been through a lot together. 

Yesterday, I missed seeing her fiance' see her for the first time in her dress. They decided to take pictures before and do a first look shot. They did the sneak peak, then took several pictures together before the service.

Once the ceremony started, he, the groom, was already at the arbor with the Pastor. Three of us, "bridesmaids" were seated on the front row near him. When they opened the door and he saw his bride, he actually gasped and covered his mouth. He lost air. Seriously. It was so moving to me. 

I knew he had already seen her. He knew he had already seen her. But she still took his breath away as she was coming down the walk way to marry him.

This is EXACTLY how God sees us!

Jeremiah 1: 5 says,Before I formed you in the womb I knew youbefore you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations. 

God knows us even before we are born. It's my personal idea that our spirits are in heaven waiting to be sent down to an earthly body. I don't know if that's how it works or not.

In Isaiah 62:5 it says, "As a young man marries a young woman, so will your Builder marry you; as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you."

In Relevation, the last book in the Bible, Christians are referred to as the bride of Christ. 

When you have Jesus as your Lord and Savior, God sees Him when He looks at us. Not our mistakes. We are covered and we are loved. God's breath is taken away by you. He thinks you are His prize creation! I just wanted you to know that.



No comments:

Post a Comment