Sunday, October 6, 2013

What is love over time?

I went on my annual trip to Atlanta for a Christian leadership conference I love to attend. We just go back Friday night. It's a long two days, but so worth it. We volunteer. This year, was my son's 3rd year going with me and we took 4 of his really good friends. It was a great experience.

One thing I want to write about tonight is Reggie Joiner's message. It was really good. The biggest thing that stood out to me was him saying, "Love over time equals worth."

This is profound if you think about it. "Love over time equals worth."

I was reminded of people who go around putting microphones in folks face asking them, "If you die tonight, will you go to heaven or hell."


I think this is WRONG! 

We need to build relationships with people. They need to feel loved and know they are loved. That takes time.

Once you spend time with someone, and love on them, they feel worthy. 

Love and worth come from God. As a matter of fact, God is love.

1 John 4: 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Take time this week to love someone. Spend time with them. Help someone. Give them something they need. 

My motto is when you give your time, that's the BEST gift, because it's the one thing you can't get back!

Who will you love on this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment