Thursday, September 5, 2013

Tapping into your power source

We all pretty much understand how electricity works. If you don't understand it, you know for a fact that you put a plug in the outlet and you get power.


What gives a Christian their power to get through the day? Some might say, "COFFEE" or 
"any form of caffeine." Others might say that God gets them through. 
What exactly do they mean by that?

For me, specifically, I know that God is always with me. He promises in His Word to never leave me or forsake me. I know that nothing I do will cause Him to love me more, but nothing I do will cause Him to love me less either. That helps me make it through the day.

You can "plug into" His power at any time. 
How do I do that? 
So glad you asked!

Well, here is a brief history lesson. The Hebrew word "labash" means to clothe. In Greek, this word is "endynamoo". It is in the New Testament many times. It was translated into "strength"  in several Scriptures. Here are a few:

Philippians 4: 13 "I can do all this through him who gives me strength."

Romans 4: 20, "Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God"

1 Timothy 1:12, "I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me trustworthy, appointing me to his service."

Realize that your power source, if you are trusting God as your Savior, is God. Pray, read your Bible, ask God to give you strength and help you through any little or big situation. He is there for you, even in the little things. One of my church family members even prays for a "Holy Spirit" meal, something new to cook that she and her husband will enjoy. That's tapping into your power source for something I'd never thought of doing before!

Stop trying to do life by yourself. Tap into your power source and get the strength you need on a daily basis. He is just sitting there, waiting for you to ask for help.


No comments:

Post a Comment