Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The outside vs the inside


I have 2 min pin dogs. I've been walking them everyday 2 or 3 times a day. As I walk, I've been noticing the yards of my neighbors'. It's sad to say, but I've lived here for 10 years and I don't know everyone.

I started thinking about their yards and how some are so perfect. It takes a lot of time and energy to keep up with a yard and flower beds. Then, I started thinking, I wonder what the inside looks like. Is it as clean as the outside? With some, I bet it is. With others, probably not.

This thought, led me to think of people in general. I am short with a few extra pounds in the middle due to a health issue I have. (I'm working on it, but probably will never be the size 6 I was in high school.) Anyway, one of my friends went on a date with a woman. She was tall, thin, with long blonde hair. In my mind, she sounds perfect. But he said she was not confident and struggled with her self image. I always thought perfect people didn't struggle with their self image... I thought they felt perfect, and that things would be great for them.

Not the case!

There are people and times in people's lives when the outside doesn't match the inside, & vice versa.

I think the BEST thing to possibly do, is know who you are in Christ.

God says He made us:
Psalm 139: 14 says, "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful, I know that full well."


Ephesians 2:10 says, "For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

Let your value come from the Lord. He loves you and His love is unconditional, never changing, never failing, and never ending!


No comments:

Post a Comment