Thursday, July 11, 2013

My ideas on the BIG "D"!

As some of you know, I've been going through a divorce. We signed the papers and are in the next phase. This wasn't anything that I wanted, at least to begin with. 
 
At this point, I'm fine with all of it. I feel like God has released me from him and I'm blessed.
 
But, what's happening? I mean, I'm hearing of divorce after divorce, of Christian couples. Doesn't our relationship with God mean that we won't get divorced? NOPE!
 
The Bible says this: In John 10:10, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
 
This is what I think is happening:
Satan, our enemy, does not want Christian families together. We are a force to be reckoned with! He can't get to our children if we are living for the Lord.
 
In my opinion, I'm thinking, maybe satan goes after the weaker of the couple. Maybe the man is in his Bible daily and praying daily. The wife goes to church, prays when she has a need to, but doesn't walk real close with God. So, who does satan go after?
 
Maybe he starts whispering to her, "Your husband doesn't do that anymore. He isn't right for you." or "Hear what he just said? You deserve to be treated like a queen."
 
Then, eventually, she believes the lies and tells her husband she doesn't love him anymore and wants a divorce.
 
There are so many potential issues I could list, but I won't.
 
My point is this: if you are still married and reading this, or if you aren't married yet, why not build your relationship with God TOGETHER?
 
Pray TOGETHER!
Read the Bible or a devotional TOGETHER!
Go to church TOGETHER!
 
Also, I believe this kind of stuff happens when people marry someone who isn't a Christian. So, don't marry thinking you can change them!
That might not be the one God has planned for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment