Wednesday, July 10, 2013

BE PRESENT

Every October I attend/ volunteer a leadership conference in Atlanta called Catalyst Conference. It is the highlight of my year! There are always amazing speakers, music artists, authors, sports celebrities, etc who participate... I learn so much every year.

A few years ago, the theme was "Be Present". (I have the shirt to prove it. LOL, it has a huge B on it.)

I was thinking about being present today. I think it's healthy to not dwell on our past. It's done, gone, over, finished. Nothing you can do about it.

And in the same token, don't day dream about your future and live up there either. It hasn't happened yet. You have no idea what amazing plan God has for your life. If you don't believe He does, then think of this:

Jeremiah 29: 11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you."

I am super thankful for that promise!

Anyway... we need to be present! In the NOW. Live for THIS moment. Not for a moment that's already happened or a moment that hasn't happened yet.

Maybe that's why I like to take pictures of clouds and sunsets. It's happening right then, so I want to capture it and share it with the world.

BE PRESENT!

No comments:

Post a Comment