Saturday, June 29, 2013

Why is it so hard to wait?

As a child, I remember having to wait on things, like, my birthday and Christmas. (Which, both are at the end of the year!) Waiting is hard when you don't understand time as well, and think it's going to be sooner rather than later.
 
So, as an adult, you'd think it would be easier, right? Not really.
 
Knowing that God has a perfect plan for your life is an amazing and honest thought. The Bible says in Jeremiah 29:11, " For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
 
As comforting as that thought is, it doesn't help you with having to WAIT for this awesome future.
 
Well, there are some people from the Bible who had to wait, and several Scriptures that reference waiting.
 
Psalm 5:3 says, "In the morning, Lord, You hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before You and wait expectantly."
 
Psalm 38: 15, "Lord, I wait for You; You will answer, Lord my God."
 
Ok, now this one is different... don't just wait, but put your hope in Him & His Word.
 
Psalm 130: 5, "I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in His Word I put my hope."
 
 
 
In Romans, Paul writes this to the church there, and it sums this up perfectly.
 
Romans 8: 24-26, "
24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have,
we wait for it patiently.
26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.
 
What are you waiting on today? You can trust God to bring about what's best for you! Turn to Him and let Him help you wait. That's what I'm doing!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment