Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Trust & Obey

This is an old Hymn I remember from when I went to traditional church. It was called "Trust & Obey" some of the lyrics are "Trust and obey, for there's no other way, to be happy in Jesus, is to trust and obey."

At my age, and with the things I've experienced in life, I'm beginning to see the truth in that hymn.

I will be 40 years old in December. (I know, I don't look it. Thanks.) And I've had many experiences in my life that I hope others don't have to go through.... but do you know how I've gotten through them? By trusting and obeying God.

He loves me. He loves me more than any human being on this planet! His Son, Jesus, is up in heaven praying for me daily. In Hebrews 7: 25 we learn this: " Therefore he is able, once and forever, to save those who come to God through him. He lives forever to intercede with God on their behalf."

How comforting to know that I'm being prayed for by the man who saved my soul!

Anyway... with everything I've been going through, I've always known that God loves me and He will provide for my needs. He is doing just that!

The Scriptures that I cling to are:
Psalm 9: 9 The Lord is a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.

Psalm 34: 8 Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him!

Psalm 46: 1 God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.

Psalm 62: 8 O my people, trust in him at all times. Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge.

Romans 6:16 Don’t you realize that you become the slave of whatever you choose to obey? You can be a slave to sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God, which leads to righteous living.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather live for God than any other way!!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment