My Pastor taught on worry yesterday... he used Jesus' last words on the cross from Luke. Luke 23: 46 says this: "Then Jesus shouted, “Father, I entrust my spirit into your hands!” And with those words he breathed his last."
Jesus gave Himself fully to His Father when He committed Himself to God in His death. He also lived His earthly life fully committed to God. This is something we tend to struggle with. We don't want to live a fully surrendered life to God because we just "want to do what we want to do when we want to do it." Am I right?
One thing about living fully surrendered to God is that you don't have to worry about anything. Or, well, you SHOULDN'T worry about anything. 1 Peter 5:7 says "Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you."
Here are some points from my notes yesterday:
The Struggle with Worry
1. Worry is unreasonable - Matthew 6:25
2. Worry is unnatural - Matthew 6:26
3. Worry is unhelpful - Matthew 6: 27
4. Worry is unnecessary - Matthew 6:30
Worry is actually a control issue! Did you realize that?
So, how do we live free from worry?
1. Get to know God- you are more likely to give control to someone you know & trust. Pray and read your Bible to know Him.
2. Focus on God's agenda- take a moment and look at someone else's needs. Take care of others like God wants you to.
3. Live for today! God can take better care of our stuff than we can.