Monday, May 27, 2013

Are you lonely?

I've been thinking a lot lately about this idea of loneliness. It is something I've heard from men close to me who really had no reason to say it.

Loneliness is a state of mind. It's something in your head. We have heard the saying that people could be a in a crowded room and still feel lonely. Or that they are in a relationship with someone and feel lonely.

I can understand that to a degree. But the main thing is, loneliness is a choice.

If you are a Christian, then the Holy Spirit lives in you. Which means you are never alone. Also, in the Bible God says in different places the truth that God will never leave us.

Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Verse 8 of the same chapter: "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”

In Hebrews, this is written:
"5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,“Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."


I know, you are thinking... but when I talk to God, He doesn't talk back. I can't hug Him, I can't hold His hand, etc.

God uses PEOPLE for those things. You've got friends and family. Maybe even an awesome church family like I do. They are here so you don't "FEEL" lonely!

Pick up the phone and call someone to tell them you'd like to spend time with them. Or, email a friend. Meet someone for coffee. If you aren't feeling lonely, check on your friends and loved ones that might be. Be there for them. This is something that shouldn't be happening in our society with so much technology and all.

Reach out to someone today!

No comments:

Post a Comment