Thursday, May 30, 2013

Seasons in Life, Part 1

A couple of weeks ago, our Pastor started talking about the seasons of life. He chose to start off with fall. Fall is a good season. A time of harvest, hard work, and sometimes stress. But it's a time to rest too. Don't allow stress to become burn out. Take a weekly Sabbath. We all need that! Realize the hope you have.. because
Proverbs 13: 12 says,
"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life."
 
 
Please remember this: You are loved for WHO are you, not WHAT you do!
 
 
Last night, he spoke on Winter. I'm so totally in a winter season right now, it's not funny. And, you know what? I used to associate winter with BAD. I don't anymore. Last night he spoke of how trees grow MORE in the winter because the sap slows down and the leaves aren't growing. They dig into the roots and grow.
 
That's what I'm doing. I'm growing closer to God and allowing Him to mold me and make me into who He wants me to be.
 
Accept who you are. God made you that way. Know that He takes pleasure in His people.
 If God had a fridge, your picture would be on it.
 
Maintain an authentic relationship with God. He loves you and wants to spend time with you. He is not going to strike you down because of something you say. He knows your heart anyway, and He wants you to get passed surface level stuff. Let Him in! 
Look into His Word and get to know Him better.
 
This isn't a bad season to be in at all. But you know what? I totally can't wait for SPRING!
 
God's got a plan and purpose. He is going to open the flood gates of His blessings and pour them out. I'm expecting it!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment