Thursday, April 11, 2013

Me without YOU

Becoming a Christian doesn't mean that you follow man made laws and rules. It means that you follow God and keep His commandments.

Religion says, "Be at church every time the doors are open." Religion says, "If you aren't reading your Bible every day, you are a bad Christian." Religion says, "Tithe 10% or else!"

Should we do these things, certainly, but not because we HAVE to, or not because we'll be "BAD" if we don't.

Living for God is simply praying, reading the Bible, listening to teachings and doing what GOD says do... not men.

In Galatians 2:20 Paul says this to the church," I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

Without God, men leave their families. Without God, people chase their own dreams instead of doing what God gifted and talented them for. Without God, we try to build our own kingdom here on earth, instead of building a heavenly Kingdom with Him.

I just want to encourage you, and let you know that living for God doesn't mean you have to be perfect. He already knows you aren't. You don't have to jump through hoops and do everything "just right" for Him to love you. He already does! NO MATTER WHAT!

Romans 5:8 says this: "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

So He KNEW we were sinners, but Christ died for us anyway. I don't know about you, but I'm so glad God isn't performance based and He doesn't need me to be perfect.

Here is Toby Mac's song, Me without You....
http://youtu.be/8qGa5rIOB28

No comments:

Post a Comment