Wednesday, April 3, 2013

God sees our hearts

Today, I posted this Scripture on Facebook, "God does not see the same way people see. People look at the outside of a person, but the Lord looks at the heart." ~ 1 Samuel 16:7

And, it got me thinking....
If God looks at our hearts and not our faces, our bodies, our successes or failures, our bank accounts, how clean our house is, how organic we eat, and our past.... then why do we?

Why are we quick to judge? Why do we look at the outside instead of the inside?

We also tend to judge people sometimes by how they act... like if the person is in a bad mood, we think they are just grumpy. The thing is, you never know what someone is going through.

Let's be people of grace & mercy. Let's not judge and look at someone's outside before we ever get to know their inside.
Several people know I have a tattoo that says, "Jesus Loves You". I'm so thankful I have it now. It is helping me get through, and I've used it as a way to let people read the truth that Jesus loves them. I found this tattoo that is "Grace" one way, and "Mercy" the other. That's how we should live... with them interchangable!

No comments:

Post a Comment