Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Praying for others

I have a lot of friends who ask for prayer. Some text me, some call, others I see their posts on Facebook. I just want you all to know that I actually do pray when you ask me to. I don't think there is anything better to do for a friend than to pray for them.

When we pray, that is us talking to God. It's our way to communicate with Him. God hears our prayers. There are many examples of that in Scripture. Sometimes He just doesn't answer like we want Him to.

In the book of Matthew, chapter 21 in the New Testament, Jesus said this, "21 Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done. 22 If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.”

I don't think this is a "magic" verse and that if you pray for healing and the person isn't healed that you didn't believe enough. What this means to me is that, if I pray, and it's God's will, it will happen. The thing about healing is that there are 2 types anyway. Earthly and heavenly, so God might have chosen to bring that person to heaven for ultimate healing instead of leaving them on the earth healed.

A powerful Scripture on healing is this: James 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective." We are called to pray for each other!

Paul tells us to "6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." in Philippians 4. So, we are instructed to not be anxious, but pray about everything. Do you do that?

Take time each day to pray for others. Even if it's just their facebook post request. You will be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment