Friday, June 8, 2018

Roller Coaster of Emotions

Psalm 138:8a “The LORD will work out plans for my life- for your faithful love, O LORD, endures forever.”


After tomorrow, I will have attended 2 funerals and 1 wedding within 1 weeks time. Talk about a ball of emotions.
Will you please join me in prayer for the people who lost loved ones? These two men that passed went WAY too soon. They had a lot of life left, and there are many people who are grieving this loss.
I know God gave us emotions for a reason, but sometimes, they are hard to control.
I’m up one minute feeling confident and good, then down the next and my stomach is in knots.
Life is hard. Living for God does not promise us an issue free life. As a matter of fact, Jesus told us we’d have trouble in this world.
Without Him, I would be a basket case. Literally. I have had more heartache in the past 5  years than I care to remember.
I am usually pretty strong with forgiving, moving forward, & looking for the positives.
However….
On occasion, I get bogged down.
On occasion, this huge heart that God gave me breaks in pieces and doesn’t understand why bad things happen to good people.
On occasion, I wonder about God’s plan for my life and where He is taking me, if anywhere.
It is what it is. My prayers are heard. I know that. It’s just a matter of trusting God now.
I choose to practice my free will and do my best to follow after God with it INSTEAD of living my own way. I KNOW that His plan for me is not to harm me. He wants to give me a good future.
I choose to trust, even when it’s hard. I know He is my Provider and He will see me through this month’s bills.
I choose to not beat myself up because my thoughts are all over the place. God knows my heart.
I will stand strong for the people in my life who are struggling with more than I am. I love them like family and I will never leave their side. No. Matter. What.
God is my Refuge, Strength, Strong Tower, Rock, Redeemer, and Friend. He WILL see us all through these emotional times. He promised to never leave or forsake us. And He always keeps His promises.
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment