Thursday, March 1, 2018

"Yet even now" - says The LORD- "Turn back to Me with all your hearts, and with fasting, weeping, and lamenting." Rend your hearts rather than your garments. And turn back to the LORD your God. For He is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger, abounding in kindness, and renouncing punishment." Joel 2: 12-13 Jewish Bible


This was my Scripture writing for today. When I was writing it, I felt like God was saying, "Your heart is your will."
The whole reason God wants us to surrender our heart to Him, is because it's our will as well. It's a combo! Two for one! LOL

A few weeks ago, it dawned on me that we need to surrender our will to God when we surrender our life. I know that might sound weird, so keep reading if you will.

Many people surrender their lives to God daily. They surrender by believing that Jesus died on the cross for their sins, that He was buried and rose again on the 3rd day defeating death. This is sometimes presented as the way to heaven, and they want to go there, so they surrender their lives.

BUT

They keep doing a lot of the stuff they did before they surrendered their lives.

Therefore, I think, we are to surrender our WILL to God as well.

You see, that's what started this fallen sinful stuff, Adam and Eve using their free will that God gave them.

I know, I know... you are wondering, "Why did God do that? If He wanted a perfect world with no sin, why give free will?"

Because, like this Scripture says, He is gracious, compassionate, slow to anger, and abounding in kindness.

He did not want little robots to just do what He said. He wanted us to choose to love Him.

He wants EVERYONE to choose to love Him... but alas, some do not.

It's not easy to surrender to WILL to someone. Especially to someone you can't SEE!

That's when other Christians need to step in and tell you all that God has done in their lives.

If I were to type up all of the negative things that happened to me over the past 5 years, you'd think, "That poor girl." These are not small little things either. They are big LIFE CHANGING things.

However, as Elton sings, "I'm still standing, better than I've ever been. Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid."

I am God's daughter. I am His masterpiece created for GOOD works. He has a purpose and a plan for my life, and I will not turn away from that for anything.

This reminds me of Joseph in the Bible. He wasn't really doing anything wrong either, except after a dream, he got a little mouthy. (I understand that, I am currently on a journey learning how to keep my mouth shut. LOL)

Joseph had WAY worse things happen to him than I have. After all, I think being sold into slavery by your brothers tops anything I've been through. Then, they told his dad he was dead. Joseph also spent years in jail for things he did not do.

BUT GOD!!!

Since Joseph had surrendered his life and will to God, he ended up second in command in Egypt! Who does that?

GOD my friends! GOD!

When you decide to live for God, SELL OUT! Give Him your life, your heart, and your will.

You will not regret it!

God bless you today and always!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment