Saturday, March 3, 2018

Does God Chase Us Down?


 There is a new worship song out that I like. It’s called Reckless Love by Bethel Worship, Corey Ashbury. Here is a video if you’d like to hear it :https://youtu.be/Sc6SSHuZvQE
In the lyrics, he says that God’s love chases me down, fights til I’m found, leaves the 99.
Recently, I’ve heard someone say that God doesn’t chase us down.
I decided to research this. Because, I have also had someone tell me, “He chased me down, even in a bar.”
I have said it before, I believe God is a gentleman. He will NOT force Himself on you, but I kind of think He will chase us down. He loves us so much.
In Luke 19, we see Jesus going to Zacchaeus house for dinner. Just being around Jesus changed Zaccaeus heart. In verse 8 it says, Meanwhile, Zacchaeus stood before the Lord and said, “I will give half my wealth to the poor, Lord, and if I have cheated people on their taxes, I will give them back four times as much!”
Jesus response in verses 9 and 10 were amazing, “Jesus responded, “Salvation has come to this home today, for this man has shown himself to be a true son of Abraham. 10 For the Son of Man came to seek and save those who are lost.”
If Jesus says He came to seek and save those who are lost, then I guess God does chase us down, in a way.
Now, I am reminded of the prodigal son story Jesus told. The dad DID NOT chase his son and try to keep him home.
BUT… he did RUN to him when he saw him from afar, because he was looking for him.
Jesus also told the story of the shepherd who will leave the 99 sheep to go after the 1, which of course is referenced in this worship song. That was His way of telling people that God will go after them too.
So, I think, in certain circumstances, God will chase us down. He wants a relationship with us. He wants us to be saved and live for Him for the rest of our lives. He will not MAKE a person chose Him, but He chooses us daily.
What are your thoughts? I would love to hear them.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment