Thursday, August 31, 2017

Something GOOD is going to happen to you!

" For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago." Ephesians 2:10 NLT

I have this book, I'm not even sure where I got it from. It is copyrighted from 1975. (Ha, I'm older than this book, that's crazy!)
Anyway, I know there is an Oral Roberts University, but I have never looked into it. I don't really know anything about him, but this book was written by him. It's called "A Daily Guide to Miracles"
Something had me pick up this morning. It's broken down into daily readings, but I actually read about 3 days worth. 
I HAD to share a little bit of this one called, "Something good is going to happen to me."
God created us and He has a plan for our lives. It is not a plan to harm us. We know this from the verse Jeremiah 29:11. 
Some people actually think that God causes bad things to happen to them, their reasons are: 
A. He is punishing them for being bad.
B. He is punishing them for not being good enough, therefore teaching them a lesson.
C. He's just a mean bully who wants to ruin their lives.
NONE of these are true! God wants GOOD for you. Jesus even said that He came to give life, and life to the full. In John 10:10, Jesus says, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
Here are the points I want to share from Roberts' book.
"Anybody can dwell on his problems until he gets so low that the devil can climb on his shoulders and keep him down. But faith in God changes your perspective. An attitude of expecting something GOOD to happen to you will not only "make your day" but also revolutionize your life."
"Looking to God as your Source beings... the mountain moving, problem-solving, need-supplying, power of God into your life!"
"Our miracle can only begin when we cease being negative and start being positive, when we recognize that part of the problem is inside us. That regardless of how much power God has, miracle power will never fully be effective in our lives until we cooperate... until we fully expect something good to happen."
As I've said before. God is all everything! God can do ANYTHING! However, we can bind up His hands, because He can NOT and will NOT go against His own Word.
You believing that God did something bad to you in order to get you back, that's tying His hands. 
I know, I know, you are thinking, " But Jill, in the Old Testament, God did stuff like that all the time." That's true.
BUT....... did you see Jesus do that in the New Testament?
Did Jesus push Zacchaeus out of the tree to teach him a lesson on not over taxing people?
Did Jesus give Lazarus a disease to "teach him a lesson"?
Did Jesus allow the Roman solider's daughter to die and just tell him, "Oh well, you've been a bad person and not lived for me, so I let your daughter die." ?
NO!! Jesus did not do any of that. Because He walked this earth in love. He healed people. He provided for people. He showed them how God wanted them to live.
God wants GOOD for your life! Say it with me... "Something GOOD is going to happen to me!" 
Now believe it.
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment