Saturday, August 26, 2017

Have you ever felt like you lost your signal?

"And He (Jesus) answered, "If you had a sheep that fell into a well on the Sabbath, wouldn't you work to pull it out? Of course you would. And how much more valuable is a person than a sheep! Yes, the law permits a person to do good on the Sabbath."  Matthew 12:11-12



So, this month of August, my Scripture writing has been about the Sabbath. The Sabbath is our day of rest. I used to have a friend who had strong feelings about the Sabbath being Saturday, and how man had changed it, and how we were also supposed to attend church on Saturday only. I know that God created the earth in 6 days and then He rested. He didn't need the rest, but He took it so we could learn from it.
However... let me get to my point. I noticed in two of these Scriptures, like the one I wrote above, Jesus references an animal or person falling in a pit or well, and He asked them wouldn't they work to get them out, even on the Sabbath.
These two Scriptures are also referencing healing. In Matthew 12:10, the Pharisees asked Jesus if the law permits healing on the Sabbath.
Then, in Luke 14, Jesus was having dinner at  Pharisees' home, Jesus turned the table and asked if the law permitted healing on the Sabbath.
Luke 14:4-6 says, "4 When they refused to answer, Jesus touched the sick man and healed him and sent him away. 5. Then He turned to them and said, "Which of you doesn't work on the Sabbath? If your son or your cow falls into a pit, don't you rush to get him out? 6. Again, they could not answer."
This past Sunday afternoon, our internet went out. We called, and they said something was wrong with our router. So, I went to the store and bought a new one. Then, I had two different techs try to activate it, but it wouldn't work. So, they had to send a technician out. The quickest they could get here was Wednesday.
In the mean time, I had tried switching cell phone carriers. We didn't get a signal without the wifi. (And even then it was spotty.) We realized just how much we use the internet those few days. LOL
We were in a PIT, if you will. We'd lost our signal to the world wide web.
We do this with God often. We get in a pit and lose our signal from Him. We look at our circumstances and situations and think it's too big for God to handle. Sometimes, we even blame HIM, like He's caused our hard times. That's simply not true.
What I noticed in these Scriptures is that HEALING is related to the pit.
Some of my friends who struggle with depression have described it as being in a pit.
I think this means healing is needed.  Am I making sense to you? I hope so.
Someone is in a pit and has lost God's signal. It's not that He's turned it off, or that He's too far away. It's because you fell in a pit. Maybe it is a pit of depression, maybe it's desperation, maybe it's sickness, or sin. Maybe you missed up and you think He won't take you back. I don't know what it is for you.
Healing will get you out of the pit!
Ask God for healing. He will do it. Part of our problem is, we don't ask. Then, sometimes when we do, we have a wrong motive. James talks about that. 
Let me tell you the truth: God loves you. Unconditionally. NOTHING you can do, or have done will change how He feels about you. 
He has a plan and purpose for your life. It's a plan to prosper you, not harm you. So, what I'm saying here is that God DID NOT put you in a pit or lose His signal from you. 
Jesus came to give us abundant life. That doesn't mean we won't still have problems. Because we will and do. But it means we have HIM to get us out of the pit by healing whatever it is.
Will you ask Him for help today? If you need prayer, please contact me. I love praying for people.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment