Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Do you want to know God's perfect will for your life?

"And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect." Romans 12: 1-2 NLT


I have probably read this Scripture over a hundred times, but this morning, as one of my Scriptures to write, it jumped out at me.
For most of our lives, I think we struggle with wanting to know God's will for our lives. We have been conditioned by the world to think that God is a performance based God and that we MUST be as close to perfect as possible for Him to love us.
God isn't asking us for perfection. He's asking us to sacrifice the world so we can gain the things of Him.
This Scripture in Romans is a one of the ones where God says, "You do this, I will do that."
I love it when God says stuff like this to us!
You see, all God wants is your heart, mind, soul, and strength. He wants us to treat our bodies well. 
I have struggled with treating my body well for all of my life. 
This year in particular, I have barely exercised at all. BUT GOD! 
When I was sick last week, I went to the doctor. My heart dropped when I saw the numbers on the scale. I am way too short to weigh as much as I do right now.
I have a good friend who is a personal trainer. He's been sitting with me at church for a year or so. He's never pushed. He's made comments here and there, tried to take soft drinks out of my hand at church, etc. But he's been patient and kind.
Last Wednesday night, I asked if he would pray for me to be disciplined and determined to at least walk in my neighborhood.
He said, "I will do even better. If I pay for your gym membership, will you come work out?"
I said yes.
It's time that I practice what I preach. It's time that I give my body as a living sacrifice to God so that I will be in His perfect, pleasing, and good will.
That's my only goal in life... to please God!
What is in your life that maybe you need to change? Is there something you need to start doing or stop doing?
If you need prayer, let me know. I'm always here.
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment