Tuesday, June 6, 2017

The Fog

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands." Psalm 19:1 NIV


Saturday morning, my son had to be at school early for a yard sale. I have to tell you, that is my only day to sleep in, so I was not really a happy mom that morning.
He had to be there at 6am. UGH!!
However, on the way home, the sun was just starting to rise. At one point in my drive, I could see it. The sky was turning pink and orange as the sun rose up over the trees.
Then, with one turn, I couldn't see it anymore and I was in the fog.
Fog covered the rest of the sky until I got close to home. Once I turned again, I could see the sun coming up.
I was suddenly reminded about how life is like that. There are two things that came to mind.
First, we have great things happen in our lives. Just like the sunrise, it's beautiful and life is going well. But then the fog sets in. It distracts us. It clouds our view. Suddenly, we can't see the good because the bad is covering it up.
Just like the sunrise though, it's still there. The fog couldn't stop that from happening.
Second,another type of fog we can deal with in life, is depression/ anxiety. I think the same thing applies.
Life isn't "BAD", if you will, but there is a fog of that keeps us from seeing the good. We get stuck in the fog and can't see in front of us.
Have you ever felt like that?
I can tell you that God is always right there, wanting to pull you out of that fog? He loves you so much and He doesn't want any of us to feel like that.
Just like the sun was still coming up behind the fog, God is always with us and wants to walk with us, even if we can't see the next step.
You see, my friend, He CAN see it! He knows what's going to happen in our lives, and if we trust Him, and walk with Him, no matter what, He will see us through.
Fog stinks. It's scary. But with God, He is the light that shines through it.
If you are in a fog, please contact me so I can pray for you! I would love to do that.
Remember one thing too... the fog won't last forever. It's can't.
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment