Friday, May 26, 2017

Fruit of The Spirit

"But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!" Galatians 5:22-23 NLT

I learned something new the other day from my Bible study and wanted to share it with you.
I"m sure most of us have seen the Scripture I posted above...and have heard about the fruits of the Spirit. 
This fruit is evidence of the recreated human spirit. 
So, what I mean is that when you are really living for God, people can see these traits aka fruits, in your life.
Here is a quote from my Bible study book: "Fruit grows on branches, and Jesus said believers are the branches. Therefore, the fruit of the Spirit grows in the life of the born-again, recreated believer because of the life of Christ resident and developed within believers - the branches."
The first fruit listed is love. In John 13:34-35 Jesus said, "So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples."
Paul, later in the New Testament, would later say that without love with have nothing.
Every Christian should have these fruit. They are resident in your life right now.
Here is something new I learned, "The fruit of the Spirit are for HOLINESS, but the gifts of the Holy Spirit are for POWER."
You can be holy without having much power. You can also have power without being holy. 
God wants every Christian's life to have both.
This is another topic altogether, but I wanted to leave you with the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
Paul has listed them in 1 Corinthians 12:27-28: "All of you together are Christ's body, and each of you is a part of it. Here are some of the parts God has appointed for the church:
First are apostles,
Second are prophets,
Third are teachers,
Then those who do miracles,
Those who have the gift of healing,
Those who can help others,
Those who have the gift of leadership,
Those who speak in unknown languages."
These gifts are not anything we should be afraid of. They are GIFTS. And God has gifted each of us differently.
But we ALL have the fruit of the Spirit. 
When you need to, just ask the Holy Spirit to bring forth whichever fruit you are needing at the time.
I just saw a prayer request on Facebook for peace. I prayed, but reminded her that she has the peace in her already. It hasn't left. 
The fruit of the Spirit can't be taken away. They are IN you because the Holy Spirit is IN you.
I pray that whoever needs this today reads it.
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment