Sunday, March 5, 2017

Life Is A Race

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." 2 Timothy 4:7
Yesterday, I volunteered at Albany's annual Snickers Marathon. I have not volunteered for it in years. It's a lot of work, and we have to get up super early on a Saturday so I have skipped it for some time. Oh, the things we do for our friends! LOL
Anyway, I was tearing up as the half marathoners started coming by. Let me tell you why.
There were people of all ages, skin colors, nationalities and sizes running the race. When the first two marathon runners came through, I was positive one was from Africa. 
I was reminded about our lives. Life is a race. It's something we get up and decide to do every day. 
This race is about determination too. We have to make up our minds to stay on course. 
We get worn out and tired too. We get injured. We get discouraged.
But you know what helps? That person at mile 11 saying,
"KEEP GOING, YOU'VE GOT THIS!!"
Sometimes, that person is a friend or family member. Sometimes, it's just the Holy Spirit whispering to your heart.
How encouraging to go through the junk in this race of life, and have those people lift you up?
You know what's even BETTER than that? When someone sees you struggling and decides to come walk with you!
Oh God, how we need people to walk with us in this race of life!
Who walks with you? I have some amazing people in my life. They encourage me, get on to me when I need it, and pray for me. I am so thankful for them.
What are you dealing with right now? Do you need someone to tell you... KEEP GOING! YOU'VE GOT THIS? Well, here it is!

KEEP GOING! YOU'VE GOT THIS!

If you need prayer, I would love to pray for you.
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment