Friday, March 3, 2017

Finding Favor

"If you search for good, you will find favor;
    but if you search for evil, it will find you!" Proverbs 11:27 NLT
Dictionary.com defines favor as, "something done or granted out of goodwill, rather than from justice or for remuneration; a kind act:"
Did you know that Salvation is you getting favor from God? We can tell that by this definition. We deserved to be punished for our sins... because our sins were going against God. But He granted us favor, and Jesus took our place.
After you give your life to God, He continues to pour out favor on you.
Have I told you how much I love Proverbs? LOL I'm sure I have. There is just so much wisdom in that book. Here is something else on favor:
Proverbs 3:1-4(NLT) Trusting in the Lord
My child, never forget the things I have taught you.
    Store my commands in your heart.
If you do this, you will live many years,
    and your life will be satisfying.
Never let loyalty and kindness leave you!
    Tie them around your neck as a reminder.
    Write them deep within your heart.
Then you will find favor with both God and people,
    and you will earn a good reputation.
I used to really struggle with being a people pleaser. I catch myself now, but sometimes, it comes up in me. I do want people to like me. I do not like people mad at me. But I have come to realize that if someone doesn't like me, or gets mad at me, I can't do anything about that.
God has called us to learn the Scriptures, live the way He's called us to, be loyal and kind to people, and then let Him do the blessing.
We should not only live that way for the blessing, though. We should live that way because it's the right thing to do.
God has a plan and purpose for each of our lives. He wants to continue to pour His favor out on us each day. But this Scripture clearly states how we need to live like He's called us to, so He CAN bless us.
God can't look at sin. He can't bless us if we are far away from Him. He wants to. He loves us so much. However, He has standards He's asked us to live by. And when we aren't living like He's called us to, He can't pour out favor. So if we do our best to live His way, He opens the windows of heaven to pour out blessings on us. 
God mentions that in Malachi 3:10, which is the Scripture Pastors use to talk about tithing.
"Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do," says the LORD of Heaven's Armies, "I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won't have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test!"
It is about that, but I think it's even more than just tithing. You've got to fully accept who Jesus is, fully accept what He did for you, and then walk the walk and talk the talk. You've got to fully surrender to Him and let Him be your first love.
THEN you will find favor with God.
I hope this helps you want to find favor. I am excited about it! I just want to live by the Spirit. I want to be lead and guided each day by Him and do whatever He asks me to. 
If you need prayer, please get in touch with me.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment