Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Let's Talk About Rejection

"10 In the same way all seven of Jesse’s sons were presented to Samuel. But Samuel said to Jesse, “The Lord has not chosen any of these.” 11 Then Samuel asked, “Are these all the sons you have?”
“There is still the youngest,” Jesse replied. “But he’s out in the fields watching the sheep and goats.” “Send for him at once,” Samuel said. “We will not sit down to eat until he arrives.” 1 Samuel 16:10-11
REJECT is defined as:
1. to refuse to have, take, recognize, etc.:
to reject the offer of a better job.

2.to refuse to grant (a request, demand, etc.).

3.to refuse to accept (someone or something); rebuff:
The other children rejected him. The publisher rejected the author's latest novel.

4.to discard as useless or unsatisfactory: The mind rejects painful memories.

5.to cast out or eject; vomit.

6.to cast out or off.


We have all experienced rejection in one form or fashion in our lives.Mine started early. My dad told the nurse holding me after I was born that I was supposed to be a boy. Now, I know my dad didn't mean any harm, he was merely stating what he'd been told about how my mom was carrying me... but those words spoken over me have affected me my whole life, until last year.
Since my birth, of course, I have dealt with other rejections. Rejection can come in the form of relationships, job offers, not being picked for a team, anything really....
It's what we do with rejection that counts.
I tend to be a people pleaser. I don't like people to be upset with me. But I am learning that I can't please everyone. I've known that, but I forget it sometimes.
My best friend is now reading Sean Smith's book Prophetic Evangelism as well. She reminded me last night of these pages on rejection and people pleasing.
Smith wrote, "The enemy paralyzes and seeks to shut you down at every point. Its name is the spirit of rejection, and it manifests as the fear of man."
So, let's go back to the Scripture I posted above  from 1 Samuel. God told Samuel to go anoint a new King because Saul decided to start doing his own thing. God told Samuel to go to the house of Jesse.
Well... how about Jesse forgot he had a younger son? Talk about rejection! When Jesse was told to call ALL of his sons, he forgot David!
Once Saul knew of David's anointing to be King, he turned on David, who was his son's best friend, and chased him down to kill him. For YEARS!
That's another huge rejection in David's life.
But guess who wrote all of those awesome Psalms? David. And some of them are raw, he hurt. Rejection was a huge part of his life.
And yet, he wrote a lot of the Old Testament, and even after an affair and murder, was the father of another amazing King, Solomon.
You see... no matter what people do to us, no matter the rejection, God can turn it around for our good.
We've got to see it for what it is. We need to tell it to go away in Jesus name because we ARE chosen. We ARE loved. We ARE wanted by God.
Smith also wrote, "I am convinced that once satan identifies this weakness in people, he uses it against them to keep them ineffective."
I don't know about you, but I DO NOT want to give the enemy any room to make me ineffective! 
In order to tell people about Jesus, we have to not worry about rejection and not be afraid of what they will think of us. Those are two obstacles that can keep us down.
All we have to do is tell people what Jesus has done in our lives. You don't have to be a Bible scholar. When you tell them what He's done for you, if they reject it, they are rejecting HIM not you. When you tell someone about Jesus, or pray for someone, the results are up to HIM, not you.
Tell the spirit of rejection to leave you because you ARE accepted. You are the child of the Most High who loves you dearly.
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment