Friday, February 17, 2017

You Reap What You Sow

"And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of righteousness." James 3:18
James 3:13-18 was what I wrote today for my Scripture writing. I don't know if I've ever read these verses, which is one reason why I enjoy writing Scripture each day. Probably when you think of this concept, you think of the Scripture in Galatians 6. That's what I love about God's Word! It is alive and like Mr. Ernest said Wednesday night, "Any problem you have, the answer is right there in this book. It shows us how to live."
What I posted above is the last one, and it's a little out of context, so I want to post the rest for you.
James 3:13-18 (NLT) True Wisdom Comes from God
13 If you are wise and understand God’s ways, prove it by living an honorable life, doing good works with the humility that comes from wisdom. 14 But if you are bitterly jealous and there is selfish ambition in your heart, don’t cover up the truth with boasting and lying. 15 For jealousy and selfishness are not God’s kind of wisdom. Such things are earthly, unspiritual, and demonic. 16 For wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and evil of every kind.
17 But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and the fruit of good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere.18 And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of righteousness.
Well, right off the bat verse 13 is like BOOM! Prove it! Are you living like this Scripture says? I try. I am not perfect by any means, but I want to be wise and do things God's way.
One of my pet peeves is lying. I do not like to be lied to (I know, who does) and I do not lie. I have been lied to by people and the enemy so much in my 43 years of life, that I just detest it.
Tell me the truth, hurt my feelings or make me mad, then let me get over it. Don't lie and sugar coat something, and let me find out later. Because then I won't trust you.
God doesn't want us to boast or lie. Jealousy and selfishness are not part of who God is or who He wants us to be. 
God wants us to live a selfless, serving, loving kind of life. We might not do what someone else expects us to, and that's ok. All we need to do is what God leads us to. Once we stop trying to please everyone, and just live to please God, our lives change.
My point is this: we reap what we sow.
If you are kind, people will be kind to you.
If you are mean, they will be mean.
If you lie, they will lie.
If you spread seeds of peace like this verse says, we will get righteousness back!
How awesome is that? I don't know about you, but I will take all the peace and righteousness I can get! LOL
I'm reminded of the Scripture in Romans 12:18 where Paul told us, "Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone." Will you join me in being a people who lives at peace with others?
I'm super excited about today for some reason! It feels so joyful to me! And the date is one reason. 2-17-17 I'm expecting God to do something amazing! Are you?
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment