Tuesday, February 28, 2017

What You Think Matters!

"And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." Philippians 4:8
Our Pastor started a new message series called "Mind Monsters". I am super excited about it because I just know that some people are going to get free from a ton of garbage that's holding them back.
Josh said, "The battle for your life is lost or won in your mind."
Did you know that? It's so true. A lot of us sin with our thoughts. BUT, our mind is where the enemy comes in and whispers to us to cause us problems.
In his message, Josh gave the stat that we have 60,000 thoughts a day, and 48,000 of those are negative. That's 80% of your thoughts! 
Here was another great point, "The enemy will come into your life in whatever form you are most likely to believe it."
That could be from a family member or friend. It could be in a text message, conversation, or whatever. 
"It's not enough to cancel out the noise of the enemy, you have to replace it with the truth of who God says you are."
Jesus overcame temptation after He had been fasting and praying for 40 days by quoting the devil God's Word.
This is why it is so important that you not only READ your Bible, but you MEMORIZE Scripture as well. Mr. Ernest always says, "Any problem you have, there is an answer for it in God's Word."
Our church made these cards and put them out on Sunday. They are titled, "Who I Am In Christ." I am going to list what it says for you. I pray that you will look these up, write them down, and commit them to memory. Because when your enemy tries to tell you that you are dumb, fat, ugly, and stupid, you can fight back with what God says about you.
I am a child of God. (Romans 8:16; John 1:12)
I am accepted by God. (Ephesians 1:6)
I am free from condemnation. (Romans 8:1-2)
I am one with God. (1 Corinthians 6:17)
I am complete in Christ. (Colossians 2:10)
I am the righteousness of God. (2 Corinthians 5:21)
I am greatly loved by God. (Ephesians 2:4)
I am holy and without blame before God. (Ephesians 1:4)
I am God's temple. (1 Corinthians 3:16)
I am the light of the world. (Matthew 5:14)
I am more than a conqueror. (Romans 8:37)
I have been chosen by God. (Ephesians 1:4)
I have been forgiven of all my sins. (Psalm 103:12)
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13)
I am fearfully and wonderfully made. (Psalm 139:14)
I am God's masterpiece created for good works. (Ephesians 2:10)
I am a new creation in Christ. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
Find and replace ALL of those lies the devil tells you in your mind with these wonderful things God says about you. This will lead you to freedom!
If you need prayer, just contact me. I'd love to pray for you!
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment