Saturday, February 4, 2017

A Little Bit of My Heart

16 “Don’t you understand yet?” Jesus asked. 17 “Anything you eat passes through the stomach and then goes into the sewer. 18 But the words you speak come from the heart—that’s what defiles you. 19 For from the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, all sexual immorality, theft, lying, and slander. 20 These are what defile you. Eating with unwashed hands will never defile you.” Jesus, Matthew 15:16-20

I just felt like sharing what was on my heart today. This Scripture is fitting, because what's on my heart is coming out of my mouth aka fingertips. 
First of all, I just want to say that God knows our needs. Every single one of them. Small and large needs. No big deal to super big deal needs. He is our Provider, and at just the right time, He will provide exactly what we need.
I love seeing people serving others. I enjoy serving others. Yesterday, I met a man who was picking up chain saw supplies from our distribution center. I asked if he'd taken off work all week to cut trees. He said, "Actually, P&G rented a bush hog and told 6 of us to go serve the community." Thanks P&G!! How awesome is that? He said they are running a 6 man crew with 5 chain saws.
Americorp is here. I honestly had never heard of them. Then I figured out last night, they are like the Peace Corp, just they stay in the US. I drove a Spanish speaking young man to a couple of churches to try to talk with the people there. I saw more of the disaster area than I have. It's unreal. So many people died that Sunday afternoon.
Which leads me to this... you never know when it's your time to go. Are you ready? Do you trust Jesus as your Lord and Savior? A couple of my friends lost a co-worker in a bad wreck Wednesday night. I didn't know the lady, but to see them so upset hurts me too.
Time is short. Love God, Love people. That's what we are here for you.
When you pray today, would you add me, and our town to your list? I'm just trying to do what God has called me to. I am trying to raise three teenagers to become productive adults, and just making it through each day.
I am SO thankful for the people in my life though. God is so awesome to me by all He does, all He provides, and how much He loves me.
Nothing major has happened in my life personally, but I feel like being honest, thankful and conversational today. I know I jumped all over the place, but I feel like these things needed to be said.
How's your Saturday going? I'm trying to clean up my room. It has become a catch all and clean clothes pile. LOL
I'm excited about the Super Bowl tomorrow. The Atlanta Falcons are playing. Since I'm from GA, I am hoping they win. I don't know when or if they've ever won a Super Bowl.
I pray that you will decide now to get up for church in the morning. Just go worship God and hear a good message won't ya? I'm sure you'll be thankful you went afterwards.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment