Tuesday, February 7, 2017

A Call To Prayer

"When Jesus woke up, he rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Silence! Be still!” Suddenly the wind stopped, and there was a great calm. 40 Then he asked them, “Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?” Mark 4:39-40


This morning, I very much feel like the disciples on the ship with Jesus. I think the two storms we had in January have caused a very mild case of PTSD in me or something. I already did not like storms, but it's worse for me now.
Here is some info from one of our local weather men:
"A line of strong storms are expected to roll through south Georgia from 6pm-11pm. There's a marginal risk for severe storms. The primary threats will be winds to 50 mph and small hail. Rain totals will average just over a half an inch, with some areas getting over an inch.  Drizzle takes over tonight and some fog develops. A few light rain showers are possible on Wednesday. Temperatures both days are expected to be in the mid 70s. Cooler and drier air will get lows down into the mid 30s Friday morning and highs just shy of 60. A big warm-up is expected this weekend. 
First Alert Meteorologist 
Chris Zelman"
Both he and the lady we have said, "It's not going to be like last month's storms." But I am afraid to believe them. 
I know my God calms the storms! I know that He can and will protect my house from these two tress I have.... so why am I still afraid?
This is a tree just pushed over. She's had the tree cut on the other side, but needs help with this part. Look how huge!
I LOVE prayer. I love praying for people, Iistening to what God says for people, and lifting their needs up to the Lord.
So I'm asking,  yet again for prayer for my area. We have NOT cleaned up from the January 2nd storm. There are still trees everywhere. 
The video shows the storm coming in around 7:00pm and gone by midnight. It's bowing out though, which is not good.
Thank you for praying! And if you want to volunteer, we have plenty that needs to be done!
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment