Tuesday, January 17, 2017

A Call To Prayer

"What do you want me to do for you?" Jesus, in Matthew 20:32
In Matthew chapter 20, Jesus was walking and two blind men approached Him. He asked them this question in verse 32. Why do you think an all knowing God would ask what they wanted?
Several reasons, but here are two off the top of my head:
  1. This meant they would have to work to provide for themselves and or any family they had.
  2. He wanted to be sure they were ready for this total life change.
I think there are times that we pray, and deep down we don't think God will answer our prayers.
Maybe we think we aren't worthy of an answer, or that it's too small of a request, or that it's too large of a request... we can come up with many excuses.
Our prayers don't make God change His mind, they change us. I also think that sometimes we have to ask in order to God to move. It's not us forcing Him, He's waiting for us to ask.
I just finished Draw The Circle by Mark Batterson for the second time. It's so amazing to me how different things jumped out at me this go around.
My inspiration for this post was the last sentence on page 192. 
"If we intercede like never before, God will intervene like never before."
I have a favor to ask of you. On January 2nd, my town was run over by 7 tornadoes and straight line winds. We aren't even close to finishing the clean up... and another storm is on the way.
Will you join me in prayer that this storm will disappear, fade away, or something? We are hearing 4 inches of rain. People still have holes in their homes! It's also threatening to be severe.
I think Mother Nature has her seasons mixed up. This is not our typical January. Mind you, we don't have real winters down here, but as long as I can remember, we've never had severe tornado weather in January!
This first storm did draw our community together. We rallied around each other and did all that we could to provide and help. Which is great, but a second round, when we aren't finished from the first would be really difficult.
I believe God hears the prayers of His people. I really do. I believe He wants to answer our prayers but we doubt that He will answer. He always answers, it's just not how we expect Him to sometimes.
Thank you for praying with me. Use this for your own life too. Intercede for others, every chance you get. If someone asks for prayer, do it right then. Don't wait. Your prayers for others are powerful.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment