Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Seed Blessings

"Open you mouth and taste, open your eyes and see - Blessed are you who run to Him." Psalm 34:8
In 2015, at Catalyst Conference, I was able to get a free Bible. It is "The Message 100: The Story of God in Sequence" I have read it some, but not all the way through or even daily, for that matter.
I picked it up this past week or so and wanted to share something written in the middle of Psalms. It is titled "Seeds and Shoots of Blessing"
"When we encounter the word blessing in the Psalms, it isn't a static word but rather a dynamic one, filled with action. Like a seed, God's blessings often come to us in seed form, sprouting through the tangled complexities of life and ripening to fruition. Because the blessings of God often grow slowly over time, it's easy to miss the miracle of growth taking place right before our eyes. But when we look attentively, we see blessings budding all around us. If, however, we forget God's blessings, we'll only be able to see our own efforts at making the best of a bad situation, only see our own haphazard attempts at capitalizing on what psychologists label, "sensory deprivation", and we become deaf, dumb, and blind to the flourishing miracle of God at work, not only in the catastrophic circumstances of our lives, but also in the casual circumstances."
Let me tell you from experience. Since November 30th, I have had blessing after blessing happen to me.
I am not bragging by any means. I'm just telling you that God is still in the blessing business! Even for people like me, who make mistakes and do things wrong sometimes.
Only the people closest to me know what's really been going on. Then God decides to show up and bless me out of the blue! 
It's not because I deserve it, or I'm better than anyone else. I'm just as shocked by His blessings as others are.
But I want you to see the truth here. Blessings are seeds. You know that Scripture about reaping what you sow?
Galatians 6:7 says, "Don't be misled--you cannot mock the justice of God. You will always harvest what you plant."
I thought about this just after my birthday. I had over 300 people wish me a Happy birthday on Facebook. When I wrote a thank you post and how floored I was with so many, someone I have known from the internet for 20 years said, "You reap what you sow."
I am far from perfect, but I try to be a blessing to people. I like to help, encourage, and pray for people. It's how God has gifted me.
If you are kind, people will be kind to you. If you love people, they will love you.
So, if blessings are seeds, maybe this month has been a time of God harvesting those blessings and pouring them out on me? I'm not sure.
But I am SO thankful!
Sometimes, we aren't thankful for what we get. Can I just be honest for a second?
We don't deserve anything. Nothing we've done is so amazing that the Creator of the Universe HAS to bless us.
And yet, He does.
What blessings are you experiencing in life right now? What blessings do you need? Who can you be a blessing to today?
I would love to pray for you!
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment