Friday, December 9, 2016

Just Enough

"18 At the moment I have all I need—and more! I am generously supplied with the gifts you sent me with Epaphroditus. They are a sweet-smelling sacrifice that is acceptable and pleasing to God. 19 And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from His glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:18-19
What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the words, "Just enough"?
I believe these words can be positive or negative.
I have "just enough" food to eat. OR I have "just enough" money to get me through the week.
I love this Scripture I posted above because, Paul, who wrote it, suffered a lot during his ministry.
We have not had to endure the things Paul did. He was beaten, flogged, thrown in jail, ship wrecked, and chained to guards. All because he was telling people about Jesus.
If Paul can say he has "just enough", we need to realize that truth for ourselves.
This also relates to our calling from God. We all have something God wants us to do for Him, and He gives us just enough to do it.
In Day 20 of Draw The Circle, Mark Batterson is talking about this. He says "If you wait until you're ready, you'll be waiting for the rest of your life."
What has God called you to do? He has given you just enough to do it. So will you step out on faith and do whatever it is?
We are bad about wanting to know exactly where we're going, but God doesn't work that way.
Here is where I got "just enough" from: "He gives us just enough revelation, just enough grace, just enough strength. Why? So we will live in daily dependence on Him. He doesn't want us to rely on the revelation; He wants us to rely on Him." ~Mark Batterson
Do you rely on God for your every need? If you do, do you thank Him for just enough?
I think sometimes, people get caught up in feelings. "I don't feel God. He left me." 
Um, NOPE! God promises to never leave us, it's you who moved.
Totally relying on God means just that. We follow His ways, and we do what He says.
In the end, God is JUST ENOUGH for me!
If you need prayer today, just ask me. I am honored to pray for you.
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment