Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Don't Stop Praying!

"16 Always be joyful. 17 Never stop praying. 18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18
Photo Credit: Gary Fulkerson
Someone needs this message today. I don't know who, but I pray it finds it's way to you.
In "Draw The Circle" by Mark Batterson, we are on day 18 of 40. I feel led to share some of my highlights from this Chapter. 
This is helping me too, as I have some things and people that I just want to stop praying for. It's hard when you've prayed for years and not seen any changes. BUT... let's not give up just yet!
Here are my highlights:
  1. Prayer is the difference between us fighting for God and God fighting for us.
  2. If your cause is ordained by God, then the battle belongs to the Lord. It's His victory to win, not yours.
  3. God's timing is impeccable. He's never early. God is right on time all the time! 
  4. I believe there is a God in heaven who directs our steps, who prepares good works in advance, who causes all things to work together for good, who fights our battles for us!
  5. If you pray through, there will be a breakthrough!
  6. Don't lose heart. Don't lose hope. Don't lose faith. Don't lose patience.
  7. Keep asking. Keep seeking. Keep knocking.
  8. God rarely does things how or when we expect Him to and it leads us to question His strange and mysterious ways.
  9. Sometimes God will push us to our absolute limits - the limits of our faith, of our patience, of our gifts.
  10. When you quit circling, you don't just compromise the present. Every promise, every miracle, every blessing in your future is forfeited.
If you pray through, the breakthrough is inevitable!
So what or who is it that you still need to keep praying for or about?
God's timing is not our's. I know we wish He would answer quickly sometimes... and just the way we think He should. However, that's not how He works.
I believe that He has to do it His way so we don't take the credit. Ya know? 
Ephesians 6:18 tells us, "18 Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere."
If you are like me, and your memory is not the best, start writing! Make a prayer list of people you are praying for and out beside their names what you are praying about for them. 
Get index cards, and write one person's name and the need/ request under their name.
Now this thing I'm about to tell you is my favorite thing to do.... take Scripture, and claim it for whatever you are praying about.
For example: if you have a child that is not living for God... or maybe even an adult in your life who used to live for God but isn't now, take Proverbs 22:6 and pray it for them, it would look like this:
"Father God, you said in your Word that if we direct a child on the right path, when they are older they will not leave it. Right now, this person I love isn't on the right path. But I believe you and your Word, Father. I believe they will come back and live fully for you. Thank you for this promise. In Jesus name, amen."
My next book is about praying and applying God's promises to our lives. I need to get it finished and published. I believe it's a powerful tool and people will really benefit from living this way.
One more thing... I know this post is long today, sorry. Get some prayer warriors praying with you for some of this big stuff that you need a breakthrough on. There is no shame in asking your friends or loved ones to join you in prayer. It strengthens you and will fuel your faith.
I'm always here and willing to pray if you need me to.
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment