Sunday, October 23, 2016

My Thoughts on God

"What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us." A.W. Tozer

I have heard this quote from Tozer before. I just recently read it again. I agree with it with my whole heart.
My thoughts on God have changed over the years. I'm sure your's have to.
When I was in the first grade, I attended a Christian school. We had chapel every day.
I remember the day the preacher talked about hell and how awful it was. It scared me to salvation. I did not want to go to that horrible place.
I don't remember hearing how much God loved me, and that I was His masterpiece created for good works growing up. If I had of, I might have made better choices.
What I think about God now is what matters, right? What you think about God is what matters too.
To me, God is my everything. He is my Provider, Redeemer, Friend, Good Father, Strong Tower, first love, and more...
Scripture tells us to love the Lord our God with all of our heart, soul, mind, and strength. 
I am doing my best to do that, because He's worthy of it. And because He really is my first love.
Our life order should be as follows:
1. God / Jesus Christ
2. Spouse (if you have one)
3. Children (if you have them)
4. Family (Parents, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles & Cousins)
5. Church family
6. Yourself
I just read a Scripture this morning that I think is awesome and illustrates this so well:
"Don't be selfish; don't try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don't look out only for your own interests, but take interests in others, too. You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had." Philippians 2: 3-5 NLT
That's what Jesus is like. He was/ is GOD. He could have come to earth and wiped it clean and started over again if He wanted to.
He loves us so much that Jesus came to be our Savior. Oh what a SAVIOR He is!
Let me tell you this too.... my thoughts on God.. He is STILL doing the things He did in the Bible. I posted it in my last blog post. Hebrews 13:8 tells us that He hasn't changed.
So why do some of you think He doesn't do miracles anymore? Just because you haven't SEEN one with you own two eyes? If that's the case, ask Him to do something so you can see it. He will! It won't be to put on a show, or because He has to, but God loves us and wants us to walk out the life He had planned for us all along.
Don't you understand, God didn't create this messed up world. He created a nice, peaceful one with no sin. One where He WALKED in the garden with the people He created. One where they were naked but didn't even know it. One where life was perfect.
He had to give us free will though. If He had not of allowed that, we would just be His robots, and our love for Him wouldn't be real.
I will declare and degree to the world right now, October 23rd, 2016 that I love the LORD so so much!!! I just want you to love Him too.
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment