Wednesday, October 5, 2016

 "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others." Philippians 2:3-4 NIV

Unity is defined as, "the state of being one; oneness".
When we are selfish, we are not in unity with anyone else. Paul told the Philippians to not do anything out of selfish ambition or vain conceit.
If we humble ourselves and value people above us, then we are doing what Jesus called us to. We can create unity when we are treating people the way we want to be treated.
We should choose to live in unity with everyone.
Ryan Loveing that I saw at my work from One Cry said a few things about unity that I thought were really good:
"Unity involves forgiveness and compassion"
"Compassion is being good to people who aren't like you." (That's HUGE, isn't it?)
"Who are you humbling yourself before?"
"Humility builds unity."
"We should live with no applause."
Use gentle words any time you can, because harsh words cause disunity.
Disunity causes people to become:
*Callous/ unsympathetic  * Impatient/ apathetic
*Inconsiderate/ thoughtless * unfaithful/ fickle
*Prideful * Bitter * Cold-hearted
Do you know someone who is like these attributes listed? Maybe they have disunity in their hearts.
These people are not happy joyful people. Bring unity back into a family through prayer, and how you treat others.
I'm praying for this for my family. We have days that are just chaotic. I love my family more than they will ever know. And all I want for them is to be good people when they grow up... and to live for God.
Would you consider praying for us? Ask God to re-unite my kids and me so we can be examples of His unity and love.
Thank you.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment