Sunday, September 11, 2016

September 11th

"A city is built up by the blessing of the upright, but it is torn down by the  mouth of the wicked." Proverbs 11:11 HCSB
Today is the 15th anniversary of the World Trade Center tragedy and the other attacks. Most people can remember exactly where they were when they heard the news. I know I remember.
What is sad to me is that this was a world wide event. The families who lost loved ones, whether on a plane, at the Pentagon, or in the towers don't grieve alone. That can be a good thing, but might just open a wound in their heart every year.
I think it's time that we build not only New York up, but our country up. Like the Scripture says above, we can bless this place or tear it down with our words.
My hometown's motto is "The Good Life City". I hear people complain all the time, and put our city down. Statistically, we do have a high crime rate. Therefore, they have dubbed it, "Thug Life City". Can I just say this? Our words are powerful. If we do our best to make it The Good Life City, it will be better. Look for the positives instead of the negatives.
The world as we know it was forever changed on 9-11-01. It is a date that will always be remembered as something horrible happening in our country. 
Today's date is also the date that someone close to me lost her dad. So, this date is forever etched in her mind for that reason as well.
Then, God blessed my cousin and his wife with their first son on this date. Which gave me a happy good thing to think about. 
I want to encourage you to think before you speak. Especially when it comes to the place you live. I doubt anywhere is perfect. (But I'm willing to try New Zealand. LOL) God wants us to use our words for good. Pray for those who are down and lift them up.
Let's especially pray for everyone who was affected by 9-11-01.
Father God, there are so many people who were affected by the events on 9-11. I ask in Jesus name for you to comfort them today. Bring them peace. Let them feel you near. I hope they aren't hurt over and over each year by the pictures and news reports. I pray that they have turned to you for healing and comfort. In Jesus name, amen.
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment