Friday, September 9, 2016

"“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:7-8

This Scripture is Jesus talking. He told the people to this for a reason I am currently reading Draw The Circle by Mark Batterson with a group of friends online. We read The Circle Maker last year, so I knew I wanted to read this one and be challenged for 40 days. I'm so thankful I signed up for it, then someone gave me the book as a gift, which was a huge blessing!
Yesterday's reading was about asking God for things. Here are a few of the things I highlighted:
"God won't answer 100% of the prayers we don't pray."
"When we act in faith, we aren't risking our reputation; we are risking God's reputation because He's the one who made the promise in the first place."
"God is offended when we ask Him to do things we can do ourselves. It's the impossible prayers that honor God because they reveal our faith and allow God to reveal His glory."
"The request is not granted simply because of repeated requests."
"God doesn't answer prayer just to give us what we want; God answers prayer to bring glory to His name."
Ask, seek, and knock are imperative verbs. They are actions that are repeated over and over.
We don't keep asking God for something just to ask. We should be seeking His will, and wanting our lives to honor and glorify Him. 
Batterson also said, "Sometimes, we are afraid of praying for miracles because we're afraid that God won't answer, but the answer isn't up to us. We never know if the answer will be yes, no, or not yet. It's not our job to answer, it's our job to ask."
Also, I am a firm believer that God cares about the small stuff. I have lost my keys before, and prayed to find them. God loves us and He will even help us through what we think is just silly to pray about.
If you need prayer for something, I would be happy to lift your name and situation up to God. Get in touch with me.
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment