Friday, August 5, 2016

Who Are You?

10 God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another. 11 Do you have the gift of speaking? Then speak as though God himself were speaking through you. Do you have the gift of helping others? Do it with all the strength and energy that God supplies. Then everything you do will bring glory to God through Jesus Christ. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen." 1 Peter 4: 10-11 NLT
I have a quote from Christine Caine that I keep on my desk in plain view:
"Who you are is not determined by what you do, that is, your DO is not your WHO."
Sounds a little like Dr. Seuss, doesn't it? LOL
For the most part, when we meet someone for the first time, we ask them, "What do you do for a living?" In a sense, we are wanting to get to know them better, and we think that if we know what they do, it will give us insight into who they are.
I don't think that's always smart. 
Sure, there are some people, myself being one, who feels like I am perfect for the job I have. My talents and skills are used daily in a way that brings honor and glory to God. I love my job. 
But my job isn't me.
There are many people currently working jobs they hate. They feel stuck and think they don't have a way out, therefore, "Uh oh, oh no, it's off to work they go."
Who we are, is who God made us to be. From all the "normal" things, to all of the "quirky" things we do. God created us this way for a purpose.
As far as what we do, well, God can use our talents and skills in many different ways. Sometimes He has us in weird places for a season so we can reach others for Him.
You are unique, gifted, and special. God has a purpose and plan for your life. 
Maybe you've been just doing your own thing and you are miserable. Well, turn it around. Go to God and ask Him what He wants you to do. Pray for guidance and clarity. Ask for Him to show you, without a doubt, where He wants to use the YOU He made.
I have several friends who are doing what they are passionate about. A good bit of them work from home too. We call it "FUN employed". What you are passionate about? What unusual giftings did God place in you that He can use?
Even though, what you DO is not WHO you are... when you are doing exactly what God has planned for you, it makes all the difference in the world!
I pray that something I've said today rings true for someone. I hope that you realize that you are awesome. Because you are.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment