Thursday, August 4, 2016

Letting God Guide You

"It is the Lord your God you must follow, and Him you must revere. Keep His commands and obey Him; serve Him and hold fast to Him." Deuteronomy 13:4

We had two min pin dogs. This past April, one of them passed away. I think they both had diabetes. We found out a few months ago that our boy dog, Toby, does in fact have diabetes. 
At this point, I believe he's gone blind. His eyes look white.
It has been challenging for him and us. He tends to run into, fall off of, and hit things.
There are times when I'm calling him, to get him to follow me.... he seems scared at times, and other times he comes on.
I was reminded about my relationship with God. How I need to follow Him and listen for His voice.
I've had times when I run into things, endure storms, and went the wrong direction.
The best way that I've found to live is by following God fully. Listening for His directions, following His will, and walking on the path He has for me seems to make life a little easier.
Don't get me wrong. It's far from perfect. But, I know with my Heavenly Father in front of me, I can do anything!
Following God can be scary. He doesn't always let us know what His plans are. 
However, we can always know that He keeps his promises.
A few of them are:
  1. He will never leave or forsake us.
  2. He loves us unconditionally.
  3. He will provide for all of our needs.
  4. Nothing is impossible for Him.
If you are struggling with following Him, that's ok. He's still there, and He wants you to turn to Him. Through prayer, reading the Word, counsel from your Pastor, or other wise friends, you will get on the path of following God fully. You can do it! I believe in you.
If you need prayer, please feel free to contact me. I'm here too.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment