Thursday, August 25, 2016

Stop Making Excuses!

"Moses said to the Lord, “Pardon your servant, Lord. I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue.” Exodus 4:10
Well, God really hit me with this one today! I already hear "Stop making excuses!" as I exercise from my instructor... and believe me, you do not EVER want to say, "Can't" to him! Wooo! He will get you.
A read something else about Gideon today. He made excuses and asked God for signs of proof that God was really asking him to go to war. Moses did too.
God called Moses to free His people from Egypt. The very first thing Moses did was give an excuse. Just read Exodus 3 and 4.
Here is the problem... both with Moses and Gideon. God told them both that HE would be WITH them! God wasn't asking them to go do something in their own power.
In my Christine Caine devotional today, it says, "We often think we are simply being realistic when we list the facts of our own limitations, but actually we are being prideful. If we focus on what we cannot do, or who we are not, we are really saying to God, "My limitations are greater than your supernatural power and strength." Now that is a sobering thought."
OUCH!!!
We think we are just being real. "I can't do this," or "I can't do that." God can, has, and will equip you ESPECIALLY if He's called you to do it!
Most mornings, I walk around 5:45am with my friend Kim. She's not feeling well, and didn't walk today. I went a little later, and didn't walk as long, but I went. The moon and stars are still out at 6am. Then, around 6:30am, the sun starts peaking... moving the darkness away.
You know what? Space, the moon and stars are still there! They didn't leave, the earth moved. We know that if you go past our blue sky during the day, space is still out there. We just can't see it until the earth moves again.
God is the same way. He's always there, even though we can't see Him. And I can guarantee you one thing, if He's called you to do something, He's there with you while you do it.
Christine Caine also said, "We must learn to trust God despite our limitations, and believe that He is faithful to do the very thing He has purposed to do in and through our lives."
What has God called you to do? And what excuses are you giving for why you can't?
STOP NOW!
If you need me to pray for you to bust through this and move forward, please ask. I would love to be a part of what you are doing.
One of my former Pastor's is in a writers group on Facebook with me. He's currently working on his second book. He has a prayer team. 20 people that he asked to pray for him while he writes. The other day, the enemy came knocking and had him questioning why he's even writing. The Holy Spirit prompted one of those prayer team members, and she told him to keep writing, because this was a God thing and He's got a plan for that book.
We all need those kinds of people in our lives. The ones who believe in us, and the ones who will pray us through! 
You, my friend, are limitless, because we love and serve a limitless GOD!
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment