Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Navigating Life

"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." Isaiah 30:21

Last Thursday at work we took the morning to do some extra cleaning. Being the Administrative Assistant to the Worship Pastor, my job was to clean out this small room that's full of music. When I say FULL, I mean FULL! Sometimes things get put in there that don't belong.
There were three pretty heavy wooden stage pieces. They are about 3 foot tall, covered in carpet. I'm only 4' 11", so they were almost as big as me. I got a hand truck, and went to get them.
As I came out of the small music room/ closet, I had to maneuver around boxes, chairs and some hand drums I had taken out of the room. Then, I went into the sanctuary and stood them up against the stage.
The pieces would have been WAY to heavy for me without the hand truck. After the third time doing this, something came to my heart.
God is like our hand truck. Those heavy pieces are the junk that happens in our lives.
By allowing God to carry our burdens and guide us, we aren't trying to do it alone. He will help us maneuver through the obstacles that satan throws in the way too.
1 Peter 5:7 tells us to, "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
The Scripture I posted above tells us to listen for God to tell us which way to go.
When we try to navigate life on our own, we can get off course. I know I have before.
I am so thankful that I get this now and I am not trying to do my own thing anymore.
My life is not perfect...but it's blessed and God watches over us. He leads, guides, directs me, and carries my heavy burdens... the key is that I LET Him.
You see, God loves us, and wants us to come to Him, but most of the time we don't. Especially if it's something we think is small. God cares about the small stuff too.
If you are in need of a hand truck today, will you just pray and tell Him that? He's waiting.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment