Friday, July 22, 2016

Walking With God

What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: 
“I will live with them
    and walk among them,
and I will be their God,
    and they will be my people.” 2 Corinthians 6:16 NIV
This week I started a new adventure! I began getting up before the crack of dawn and walking with a friend. Today was the 5th day in a row I have done this, but she had a headache and wasn't able to walk with me.
I'm proud to say I went alone! And as I walked, I prayed, as well as listened. It's foggy out there this morning. Which scared me at first, but I decided to push through and go anyway.
Here are some of my thoughts from my walk:
  1. Walking with God is one step at a time, one foot in front of the other.
  2. Sometimes it's noisy, other times you can only hear the sound of your feet hitting the asphalt as you go.
  3. Walking towards the traffic helps you see what's coming in front of you, but every once in a while you are surprised by something coming behind you that you didn't know was there.
  4. Keep moving forward. No matter what.
  5. Pray for others. Like your neighbors.
Life is not always easy. Living for God doesn't give you a "get out of trouble free" card. I know though, that walking with Him is my best choice. Taking one step at a time with Him is the way to go.
The enemy likes to keep things noisy for us. If we are concentrating on the noise, we are distracted and can't hear from God. It's ok to sit in a room alone, with no noise. (Or walking or exercising without music.) Turn down the distractions sometimes, it's worth it!
Every once in a while, life will hit you from behind and something will happen that you never saw coming. It happens. Just don't let it keep you down. Get up, dust yourself off, and go again.
And for Pete's sake... ALWAYS keep moving forward. No matter what happens in your life, if you get stuck, life seems unbearable. The past is the past and it can't be changed. Worrying about the future, which I am SO guilty off, is not good either. God has a plan for our lives. It might not happen on our time table, but that's ok. FATHER knows best!
I don't know everyone in my neighborhood. It's not a giant place, but I live in the older part on a cul-de-sac, and I just honestly don't know everyone. Today, as I walked, I prayed for the people in their homes who were still sleeping. I hope my prayer makes a difference in their lives today. It's always awesome to pray for your neighbors.
If you need prayer for anything, please don't hesitate to ask. I have a request for my friend's husband. After you read this, will you please ask God to earthly heal him? Thanks!
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment