Sunday, July 31, 2016

Waiting On The Lord

"Wait patiently for the LORD. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently." Psalm 27:14
Are you currently in a season of waiting? ME TOO!
Sometimes waiting is really hard. We think we are ready for something in our lives, but only God knows if we are really ready.
I've been learning a lot about myself lately. Recently, my children went on a mini vacation with their dad. This is the first time in 3 years that they've been gone this long.
Guess what? I SURVIVED! (LOL)
No really... I did awesome. I enjoyed my time alone. I was able to do things around the house without them coming behind me making a mess. I watched what I wanted to on TV when I wanted to. I washed clothes without having to ask them to get their's out of the dryer so I could put mine in... and many other things.
My point is, while I missed them, I was ok alone. I was not constantly calling or texting anyone to keep me company. I was comfortable and felt good. 
This is a waiting season for me. I know God has great plans for my life. I don't know what they are, but He does. I am just doing what I feel like He's called me to do while I wait.
Ephesians 6:10 says, "Finally, be strong in the LORD and in the strength of His might."
Waiting can stink, but being strong in Him and waiting on His might can get us all through the rough seasons.
Personally, I do not understand how people live without a relationship with God. He is my solid Rock. My Firm Foundation. My Cornerstone.
He has seen me through the hard times, and rejoiced with me in the good.
I know I can trust Him. And you can do.
What are you waiting on in this season? Would you like me to pray for you? I will.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment