Friday, July 15, 2016

It's Really This Simple

"Now repent of your sins and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away." Acts 3:19 NLT
God loves everybody. (If I was talking to you, I probably would have said, "Ev'r body", just cause it sounds funny.)
I think the one thing the enemy does is tricks people into thinking that coming to God is hard to do. He wants you to think that there are all these rules, that you won't have fun, and that you've got to be perfect first.
That's not true.
It's really as simple as Acts 3:19 says it is. Turn away from your sin, turn to God, and your sins will be wiped away. Gone. Not thought of anymore.
When you do this, and let Jesus into your life, when God looks at you, He sees His Son. 
Therefore, you do NOT have to "get your act together", "stop having fun" or "try to follow a ton of rules."
Like my Pastor said about grace, when you are living for God and wanting to please Him, you will stop doing and hanging out with certain people. That's cool. 
Let me tell you being a Christian is not boring. But it can be miserable if you try to live up to the legalism that is out there. Man made rules are not God made rules. There is a difference.
And for fun... good gracious. I have had so much fun with some of my friends, laughing, joking, and eating together. No alcohol needed. 
Life is good! It's not always easy, but it's good.
It's really simple to give your heart and life to God. I'm so glad I did. Honestly, I do not see how people get through the hard times without Him.
If you need prayer for anything, please just contact me. I'd love to pray for you. Especially if you are thinking about giving your heart to God.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment